The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is being allocated to primary school headteachers. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Total funding grant available to schools in the Grinling Gibbons and Lucas Vale (GGLV) Federation for 2018-2019 = £37,319.
Our PE funding Grant for 2018-2019:
PE Grant Funding 2018-19
Grinling Gibbons £14,429.00
Full details of PE Grant Funding for 2018-19 can be downloaded below.
Our Sports Premium funding is spent on these five key areas:
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the school
- Expanding the knowledge, skills and confidence of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broaden the range of sports and experiences offered to all pupils
- Increase participation in competitive sport
- Increasing the frequency of physical activity at school (Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least thirty minutes of physical activity a day in school)